Ross is a pig, the main protagonist in the game. He is the main element for a vehicle, as a vehicle is not able to start without Ross in the 'construction area' and it is impossible to finish a level without Ross touching the finish line. This means that broken pieces of the vehicle (without Ross in them) will not finish the level. He is one of King Pig's most favoured pigs, as he constructs vehicles in the name of King Pig to help his community catch bird eggs.
Although most call him Freckles, or simply 'Pig', his real name is Ross.
Ross is the main character/protagonist of Bad Piggies. He is able to build and drive vehicles to get to a certain point of Piggy Island. He is sometimes in the company of King Pig and Mechanic Pig. Ross can propel wheels, umbrellas, suction cup wheels (etc.) as well as turn a motor or mechanical function on and off.
Ross looks similar to the other Minion Pigs, but with freckles. (with an explorer hat if used in The Road to El Porkado episode). There are many skins for Ross, including a gentleman to an alien pig with tentacles. Some 3 star skins make him sound higher or lower pitched, robotic, or even have no noise at all.
- Ross seems to own a house, a skate and a toy plane on a photo Rovio Posted about Mechanic Pig.
- But, the design of the house seems to be different compared to the other Pigs’ houses.
- In the unofficial Flash version, Ross's nose would bleed if on impact.
- Ross is stored in Assembly-CSharp.dll and can be found with Unity 3D. But he is renamed to Pig.
- Ross has different sets of layers. They can be viewed at the bottom at the page.
- He is the only pig apart from the minion pigs that don't wear any accessories.
- When playing the Feed the King Pig minigame, all pigs looked exactly the same as Ross.
- If Ross propels mechanisms without engines, he starts to poof and sweat.
- Rovio confirmed that his real name is Ross due to the notification.
- Ross can be briefly seen in the Angry Birds Movie, on an introduction of Leonard, one of the characters in the movie.